||Children & Young People’s (CYP) Bereavement Therapist
||Assistant Head of Operations
||CYP Therapy Service Manager
||Gaddum, professional and community settings
||35 Hours per week
||Temporary ending June 2022
There is some degree of flexibility regarding the delivery of the 35 hours, and we would accept the following;
– 1x Therapist working 35 hours per week, or
– 2x Therapists working 17.5 hours per week
To work as a member of Gaddum Therapeutic Services which includes Counsellors, Social Workers, Art Therapists, and Play Therapists. Your case load will be predominantly CYP who have experienced a bereavement of a significant person in their life.
To provide therapeutic support to CYP who have become stuck in their grieving process following a bereavement of a significant person. This will include one to one work and occasional group work which will usually take place at the child’s school, community venue or remotely via telephone or online video.
To offer advice and guidance to professionals and carers who contact us following a child’s complex bereavement. Effective working relationships with parents, carers and other professionals will be a crucial element of the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be accountable to the CYP Therapy Services Manager.
- Provide an initial point of contact for family members and professionals considering a referral to the service or requesting advice and guidance.
- Provide support in the grieving process, offering advice, making an initial assessment of need and signposting to other services where appropriate.
- Following assessment, offer therapeutic intervention to CYP, supporting their adjustment to loss and building resilience. Interventions should meet the assessed needs of each individual.
- Ensure all involved with the CYP understand the complexities of a bereavement, including those experienced as a result of COVID-19.
- Maintain case records, monitor and evaluate your work in line with the organisations processes and protocols.
- Undertake regular reviews with family members and other professionals as appropriate.
- Ensure effective multiagency working with other professionals.
- Contribute to the organisations training programme.
- Contribute to and support the development of the CYP offer within Gaddum.
- Support the development of Student Social Workers and Counsellors whilst on placement in the organisation.
- To prepare reports for and attend reviews in educational, health or social care settings, including application for financial support from trust administered by Gaddum Centre.
- Work to Gaddum Centre policies and procedures, specifically Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and Data Protection.
Ensure Safeguarding procedures.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 10th January 2022.
Interview date: w/c Monday 24th January (Subject to change). It should be noted that due to the current Covid 19 Pandemic, interviews are likely to be held using Zoom video conferencing.
Application is by completing the application form and equal opportunities form at the bottom of our recruitment page and emailing them to email@example.com
Download the Job Description & Personal Specifications below:
CYP Bereavement Therapist JD & PS