Vacancies-join team gaddum
Our team are our best asset and we are looking for colleagues who have the drive, ambition and innovation to help our charity flourish
As a responsible employer, we:
- are accredited as part of the national living wage scheme
- offer development training opportunities
- are part of the national cycle to work scheme
- offer a personal pension plan
- provide assistance with staff counselling with external provider as part of our health and wellbeing at work policy
- have a generous annual leave allowance (above national legal requirement)
If you think you could make a difference to people’s lives in Greater Manchester, gaddum could be the next career move for you
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability and age, but, as ethnic minority groups, members of the trans community and religious and faith groups are currently under-represented across the organisation, we would encourage applications from members of these groups
Find out more about gaddum, our senior team, trustees and our impressive 186 year history by visiting our About us page
CBT Therapist (IAPT)
Job Title: CBT Therapist (IAPT)
Accountable to: Head of Therapy and Advocacy Services
Responsible to: Therapy Services Team Leader
Reporting to: Therapy Services Team Leader
Salary: £24,964 pro rata
Working hours: 17.5 hours per week, covering four half days and one morning (work pattern will include a Tuesday morning).
Location: Across locations in North, South and Central Manchester, covering Gaddum’s IAPT service
CBT therapist working within Gaddum’s IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) service, working primarily with clients at Step 3 presenting with moderate/severe common mental health issues (but may include occasional Step 2 work).
Undertake initial assessments of the mental health needs of clients referred with mental health problems and the ability to conduct comprehensive CBT assessment involving interview, observation, data collection and the use of relevant clinical measures for clients referred into Gaddum’s IAPT service, consistently working to a fixed term model.
- To provide fixed-term CBT interventions to clients who are accessing Gaddum’s IAPT service.
- To support delivery of the IAPT service, operationally and clinically, including assessment work, referrals onto other services, and future developments in the line of group work.
- To work to the IAPT model of delivery, and contribute to the sustained success and future development of the service.
- Making use of routine outcomes measures tools, both in line with service delivery and own practice, aiding to reach service objectives, targets and KPIs.
- To deliver interventions as a part of primary care, and (where based in a GP surgery) develop good working relationships with surgery staff, adhering to surgery procedures.
- Maintaining client records in accordance to set processes, utilising the relevant IT software, and paper-based tools.
- Additional responsibility for supporting therapy trainees who are placed within relevant delivery sites, with an expectation to support with their induction and training.
- Demonstrates motivation, reliability and commitment to team working, including, flexibility and adaptability and demonstrate an ability to value others’ opinions.
- Participation in IAPT team meetings, individual supervision (clinical and managerial), and any other Gaddum wide or service specific events.
- To ensure the continued development of own clinical practice, including training in line with delivery of interventions, and the maintenance of relevant memberships and supervision requirements
- To ensure maintained working knowledge of relevant legislation related to national and local policy.
- To work effectively with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds, understanding and respecting the impact of difference and diversity upon their lives including service and user led systems and other elements of the wider community.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to HR@gaddum.co.uk or by post to Gaddum Centre, Gaddum House, 6 Great Jackson St Manchester M15 4AX.
For informal discussion about the role please contact: 0161 834 6069
Closing date: Friday 10 May 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 28 May 2019