Psychological therapies for older people
This service is an opportunity for older people to talk about their feelings in a confidential, safe space, with our Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Service (IAPT)
Our service is FREE and available to people who are registered with a GP in North, South and Central Manchester. We accept self-referrals, referrals from GP’s and other relevant professionals.
Therapy can provide valuable insight, by supporting you to explore any difficult feelings or life events you may be facing.
Talking to a trained therapist can help you to feel less isolated, improve existing relationships, clarify your thoughts and feelings and help build resilience as you adjust to the changes that life brings.
Many experiences in life can produce difficult, painful or confusing thoughts or emotions.
These could be:
• tensions in relationships
• the illness or death of someone close to you
• your own illness or disability
• coping with transitions in life such as retirement and what that may bring
• isolation and loneliness
• the challenge of you or your partner moving into residential care
• memory issues or a diagnosis of dementia
• struggling with thoughts and feelings about the past or fears about the future
We are a fully accessible service for all
To make an appointment please call 0161 834 6069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org