Salford Carers Service has been supporting carers locally since 2001. We offer a comprehensive range of support, tailored to individual carer’s needs.
If you look after someone who has mental health issues, physical disability, long term illness, learning disability, drug or alcohol issues, dementia or frailty due to old age, we are here to support you.
- Our team can offer 1-to-1 information, advice and emotional support, we can signpost you to other services and support you to access a Carers Assessment.
- We offer outreach services in your local community, as well as working with a host of partners in health, social care and the voluntary sector to make sure that carers are identified and supported in a timely way.
- We will support you as carers to set up and run your own peer support groups and we run a number of carer focus courses each year.
- We have an award winning young carers and young adult carers service which works closely educational providers in the Salford and other youth service providers; our support is for the whole family.
- We work with other non statutory partners in the city, such as the Lowry Theatre, to ensure we can support carers tackle the poverty of isolation
You can stay up to date with our activities by following us on the website & via Twitter, or sign up for our monthly E-Newsletter for adult carers by emailing us.
Contact us to find out more:
Address: Salford carers have moved, the new address is 34 St Georges Way, Salford, M6 6SU. Click here for travel information.
Tel: 0161 834 6069