Primary Care Talking Therapies (IAPT Service)
The Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme is an NHS England Initiative, aiming to improve access to talking therapies via Primary Care. Our IAPT service offers 1-1 sessions with a therapist to patients registered at 13 GP surgeries in Manchester.
We use evidence based on therapy approaches, and all our therapist are registered with a professional body. The service is confidential, free and aims to allow easier access to therapeutic interventions for common mental health conditions.
Therapy usually lasts for 6 to 12 weeks (or possible longer if it would be of benefit), and an be delivered in your GP surgery or at one of out other locations in Manchester. The process begins with an assessment, where one of out therapists will provide more information and answer any questions about accessing therapy, they will gather information about the current situation and history, and ensure that we are able to provide the most suitable and helpful approach.
We accept GP referrals, self-referrals, or referrals by any other professional, provided that the perso0n being referred is registered at any of the following:
- Alexandra Medical Practice
- Cheetham Hill Medical Centre
- Cornbrook Medical Practice (Boundary Surgery)
- Cornbrook Medical Practice (City Road Surgery)
- Ladybarn Group Practice
- Levenshulme Surgery
- The Neville Family Medical Centre
- Newton Heath Health Centre
- Robert Darbishire Practice
- Urban Village Medical Practice
- The Vallance Centre
- West Gorton Medical Centre
- West Point Medical Centre
Service Telephone number: 0161 834 6069