Donations / Legacy Giving
Join in a tradition that has supported the Charity since 1833, you will be in good company some of our historical supporters have been Elizabeth Gaskell, Charles Dickens, Emily Bronte and Winston Churchill.
Today's donations no matter what size make just as important a real and lasting difference to the work that we undertake, you can specify which area of our work you would like your donation to go towords, and we will send you a letter of thanks to you so you know what your gift has been spent on. If you can help with a donation of any amount towards our work, then please contact Jim Bevis at -
6 Great Jackson Street
Tel : 0 161 834 6069
Legacy gifts are part of a long heritage of giving that has sustained the charity since its first days.
Regardless of their size , each and every one of these legacies has had a tremendous impact on the various areas of the charities work that have benefited from it – from direct giving to the disadvantaged via trust specific funds to development of our services.
As the charity sector faces its toughest times yet, legacies are going to play an even more important role in securing our progression.
The key facts
- You do not have to be a millionaire to leave a legacy.
- You do not have to disinherit your family and friends to support the Gaddum charity with your legacy – and you can still make an impact.
- You can make a gift of any size: there is no minimum or maximum amount.
- Even a modest percentage of the residue of your estate, after you have provided for family and friends, will make a huge difference.
- You can specify precisely where you want your money to be directed.
There will be a reduced rate of Inheritance Tax of 36 per cent from April 2012 for estates leaving a legacy to charity. If you leave 10 per cent or more of your estate to charity, then the government will take 10 per cent off your Inheritance Tax rate. No beneficiaries will be better off, just the charities.
so please feel free to contact Jim Bevis, on +44 (0)161 834 6069 / email@example.com to discuss your wishes in more detail. We will help you to ensure that your legacy achieves exactly what you are most interested in.